Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Something new!


I have not broken my new year's revolution yet! Kudos to me... Anyway, I am still working on that journal in a jar for my mother. It has taken way longer to do than I originally thought it would and so it is a Christmas Present that is way too late. None the less, I will post pics of that soon. I will also be posting up some wedding invitations that I did for my best friend's wedding too! Calla lillies! Yay!
On to why I am writing today. It is really nothing special but I wanted to document that I got some oil pastels. Nothing special right?? Well they are new to me cause I haven't played with any pastels since I was in elementary I think and we were experimenting with making "northern lights" I am sure you probably did something similar in school too. Coloring on paper with your colors, tearing it in half and smudging the color onto your artwork off the side of the torn paper so it makes random patterns like the Northern Lights dancing.
So anyway, I will be experimenting with my new pastels and will post the results soon. Umm... so as far as a piece of artwork today I think I will put up another journal page that I did back in August. While this is all free-hand I do want to say that the fox is not an original piece of work. I got the fox from someone on deviantart.com so if anyone recognizes it please let me know so I can credit them for the fox. Until next time! L8r...

No comments:

Post a Comment