Friday, February 4, 2011

Uh Oh!

First I want to apologize for the lack of pics. My camera is dead and I don't have easy access to a scanner at the moment, but as soon as I have batteries for my camera I will put up my new work.

In the past week I have been doing a lot of drawing. I have thus far stayed true to my resolution of doing something art related every day. The first two days since I started were original and only took me an hour or so each to complete. If that. Yesterday I did quite a lot of drawings all based on a single book about cartooning that I've had for what seems like forever. I think I was still in high school when I got it. We won't mention how long ago that was... ahem... Anyway, I never even attempted any of the exercises that were in the book until now. I am quite proud of the end products though. Pictures will come later, promise.

I have a tendency to move from one thing to another, to another, to another and I believe that this is why I haven't developed my skill further than where it is at now. So I have decided to slow down and redevelop my skills from the beginning, and go from there. See how it goes, so there will be a lot of practice sketches coming up.

Right now I am working on bookmarks for a mail art swap from atcsforall.com. I like that site, and have gained quite a bit from it. I am also signed up for atc swap about eyes. I love to draw eyes and I will put up my work as well as what I receive from the swaps, as long as I can get permission to do so.

I will also be doing the art crusades from Michelle Ward's site http://www.michelleward.typepad.com/how_cool_is_that/ They are not only a lot of fun, but they get me to try different things and mediums that I wouldn't normally try. So whoot! Plenty of variety to come. I will upload some pics in the next few days once I get batteries in my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment