Monday, February 15, 2010

How was your Valentine's Day??


Hmmm... what to say. My V-Day went ok. Not that it really needed to. I don't feel like Valentine's Day is really a valid holiday for the U.S. I see it as just another way for the retailers to get more of people's hard earned money. Why give us a holiday to celebrate love. Isn't that what everyday is for? I am not saying I want to get showered with gifts every day because I definitely do NOT want gifts and affection every day. I want a man to get me flowers because he wants to, not because the tv and society tell him to. I'm sure there are lots of women who look forward to getting presents, cards, and pampering on Valentine's Day. I am just simply not one of them. Moving on...
Okay, so I haven't scanned any new pages or artwork yet so again, I am forced to go into my art archive and choose something from there. Sigh* I really should be getting better at this by now, but I digress. :P

I did this for a page in a book that I am working on with my best friend Robyn. We have been working on the book for over a year. It is definitely a slow moving project but worth the effort. :)
So this drawing/painting was done with a gesso background, pencil, and sharpie markers. Hope you like my quirky sense of humor. Enjoy...

No comments:

Post a Comment